Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for WEBGL_render_to_float

And if you wanna know why I'm shouting it's because a good number of my demos and professional work, as well as that of a great number of other people, will BREAK if you meddle around with FP blending. I will not abide that.

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 9:58 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
Just because fp32 might be inadvertedly exposed on some ES-3 hardware THAT IS NO FUCKING REASON TO BREAK FP BLENDING EVERY FUCKING WHERE, DO I MAKE MYSELF SUFFICIENTLY ABDUNDANTLY CRYSTAL FUCKING CLEAR?

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Mark Callow <khronos@callow.im> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2015, at 5:33 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To be more specific, YOU DO NOT BREAK BLENDING PERIOD! just because blendColor might be flakey.

In this situation,

> If any implementation is implicitly exposing fp32 rendering on OpenGL ES 3-class hardware ...

fp32 blending is broken. Period. This class of hardware does not support it. The issue has nothing to do with blend color. And please stop shouting.

Regards

    -Mark