Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for WEBGL_render_to_float

I'd like to put a stop to the somewhat popular notion that we can change ratified extensions and change implemented behavior (even if it's somewhat undefined) for several reasons.

1) We cannot modify a ratified extension, ever.

2) Retrograding features such as blending on floating point textures will lead to massive application breakage.

Making idle assumptions of the kind of "oh that'll be alright, somewhere it was undefined and therefore not much will break if we break it" are dangerous, irresponsible and contra-productive to WebGL. They're extremely contra productive because existing use will break, which is extremely frustrating to both users and developers of WebGL as they will have to address regressions that a browser introduced. This is one of the most destructive actions vendors can take, and they undermine the credibility of WebGL quite a lot.