Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal to move WEBGL_compressed_texture_es3 to Draft

On Feb 19, 2015, at 2:45 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

As far as I can tell ASTC has support on roughly 0% of desktops and mobiles.

A while back I compiled extension statistics, and ASTC doesn't appear on that list at all (because the extension isn't listed for any device on http://gfxbench.com/. The extension is also not listed on http://feedback.wildfiregames.com/report/opengl/ .

How do you conclude that it's well supported?

The relevant extensions don’t appear in the list at the latter site so it appears it is not even measuring if they are supported or not.

As for the former, I don’t see how to search by supported extensions. Maybe you need to register to do that.

The NVIDIA Logan family has hardware support for ASTC. I believe it is supported in software on some earlier devices. I’m pretty sure ARM supports it too. :-)

Regards

    -Mark