Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal for WEBGL_render_to_float

> On Feb 19, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Rafael Cintron <Rafael.Cintron@microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Floating point textures already have extensions that let you distinguish between "linear" and non-linear support with regard to shader sampling and mip maps. Adding additional extension types for blended vs. non-blended render targets would increase the combinatorial gymnastics for developers.  Adding capability bits to existing or new extension types seems like the best way forward if we want to lift the blendability restriction.

I think that whether blending support is determined by attempting to enable an extension or querying a capability bit makes little difference to an application. But capability bits probably make for less messy documentation and an easier to grasp overall picture.

Regards

    -Mark