Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal to move WEBGL_compressed_texture_es3 to Draft

I get that ASTC is nice and all. But it's got 0% support, and 0% adoption so far. How's it helping to introduce "functionality" to WebGL which nobody can run, nobody can write code for, nobody can write a conformance test for and nobody will be able to do any of those things for years and years?

If it does turn out to be around somewhere, anywhere at all, there's ample time to add it at that time.