Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal to move WEBGL_compressed_texture_es3 to Draft

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Anybody know the answer to that one?
>>
>> It looks like the other WebGL extensions defining compressed textures
>> use INVALID_VALUE for this size check. I assume the conformance tests
>> are already verifying this. I'm in favor of minimizing the churn of
>> both the specs and tests in this area, so would suggest it be left as
>> is.
>

> INVALID_OPERATION is issued by compressedTexImage2D if:
>
> the format does not match the internal format
> If additional restrictions specified by the compression format specification
> apply and aren't satisfied
>
> INVALID_OPERATION is issued by compressedTexSubImage2D if:
>
> xoffset or yoffset are not zero
> width and height don't match the dimension of the texture level (is relaxed
> for specific formats which are easily modified)
>> I'm not sure what portion of the spec you're referring to. Please feel
>> free to submit pull requests containing any clarifications you suggest
>> and they can be discussed there. Thanks.
>

> INVALID_VALUE is issued in addition to dimension mismatch when:
>
>  The encoding of the compressed texture doesn't match the format
> specification

I'm not understanding what you're proposing be changed here -- don't
have time right now to go through these specs in detail. Please just
submit pull requests for whatever you are proposing so we can be very
precise about what's being discussed. Thanks.