Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal to move WEBGL_compressed_texture_es3 to Draft

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 4:00 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
>> The ES 3.0.4 specification defines the errors INVALID_OPERATION, should it
>> be added?
>
> Anybody know the answer to that one?

It looks like the other WebGL extensions defining compressed textures
use INVALID_VALUE for this size check. I assume the conformance tests
are already verifying this. I'm in favor of minimizing the churn of
both the specs and tests in this area, so would suggest it be left as
is.

INVALID_OPERATION is issued by compressedTexImage2D if:
  • the format does not match the internal format
  • If additional restrictions specified by the compression format specification apply and aren't satisfied
INVALID_OPERATION is issued by compressedTexSubImage2D if:
  • xoffset or yoffset are not zero
  • width and height don't match the dimension of the texture level (is relaxed for specific formats which are easily modified)

I'm not sure what portion of the spec you're referring to. Please feel
free to submit pull requests containing any clarifications you suggest
and they can be discussed there. Thanks.

INVALID_VALUE is issued in addition to dimension mismatch when:
  •  The encoding of the compressed texture doesn't match the format specification