[Public WebGL] Querying for read buffer format

Hello again folks,

I have (another) potentially stupid question, which thus may potentially be easy to answer.

I'm working on some code to cover texture format validation in WebGL2 and I'm focusing right now on CopyTexImage2D.

It seems easy to validate the format, internal format, and type combination if I know all 3. However, for CopyTexImage2D I need to get format and type from table 3.15 in the GLES3 spec.
Page 152 of https://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/specs/3.0/es_spec_3.0.3.pdf

My question is, how do I determine my read buffer color format?

I was expecting there to be enums associated with the 4 items in that column of the table and a matching query but that doesn't seem to be the case. What am I missing here?

Also is this the right place to ask questions about implementation?

Thanks,
Roger