Re: [Public WebGL] OES_depth24

Ken, if you could merge the proposal we can talk about moving it to rejected.

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:56 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
The https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/extensions/WEBGL_depth_texture/
extension already allows applications to allocate framebuffer objects
with a depth-texture attachment having 24 bits of precision. How
urgent is it to support renderbuffers with the analogous format?

We're focused on getting WebGL 2.0 prototypes and conformance tests
out the door and I think that exposing this extension will be a
distraction. Adding a new extension to WebGL implementations is a
non-trivial exercise due to the large number of platforms and browsers
involved.

-Ken