Re: [Public WebGL] Re: extensions status

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 12:10 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
No intent to implement these. I don't remember all of the issues we
ran into, but when we investigated adding support I recall multiple
issues in ANGLE that made us abandon the effort.
Excellent, thank you. I propose to reject these extensions: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/WebGL/pull/846
  • They will not land in ANGLE (and so support would be difficult/impossible in Chrome/Firefox)
  • Google will not implement them
  • Firefox has withdrawn their initial implementation (I interprete this as tacit approval of mozilla to reject these extensions)
  • Microsoft has not stated their position but is unlikely to follow where Chrome and Firefox do not go
  • Apple has not stated their position, but is unlikely to follow where Chrome and Firefox do not go (and they also use ANGLE)

On the other hand we
will absolutely implement EXT_color_buffer_float for WebGL 2.0.
That's understood.