Re: [Public WebGL] Re: extensions status

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 6:39 PM, Mark Callow <khronos@callow.im> wrote:
>>
>> I do not know if or why Mozilla has withdrawn the WebGL 1 extensions as I
>> have not seen anything from them on this topic since their request (& pull
>> request) to move them to community approved in November.
>

> Could the vendors please clarify their intentions regarding
> EXT_color_buffer_half_float and WEBGL_color_buffer_float:
>
> * Kenneth?

No intent to implement these. I don't remember all of the issues we
ran into, but when we investigated adding support I recall multiple
issues in ANGLE that made us abandon the effort. On the other hand we
will absolutely implement EXT_color_buffer_float for WebGL 2.0.