Re: [Public WebGL] String/ArrayBuffer encoding/decoding API (follow-up)

On Fri, Jan 30, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
Florian, the TextEncoder/Decoder APIs were written as separate and
self-contained specifications in order to avoid making the typed array
spec -- and other specs -- much larger and more complex.

I understand that motivation, but surely avoiding to edit a specification and the process of how they come about cannot trump usability now can it?

I will never use the API as specified without a polyfill to make it not retarded. It's just a pitty that needless objects need to be allocated in the process and that it couldn't have been bothered to make it nice in the first place.