Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL2: Missing parameter names for getParameter?

On Thu, Jan 29, 2015 at 10:19 AM, Roger Fong <roger.d.fong@gmail.com> wrote:
Seeing as the WebGL2 spec does not outline any differences with what readPixels accepts I'm assuming it has remained the same and there is still no need for IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_FORMAT and IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_TYPE in WebGL 2 (and so should be removed from the getParameter table)

Hm, maybe because of EXT_color_buffer_float. If you're attaching a floating point texture and bind the fbo I think you're required to read back floats. I think Kenneth should be able to shed light on this.

I'm working on WebGL 2 however, not 1, and WebGL 2 does use ES 3.0 so these should indeed exist on the WebGL2RenderingContext IDL.
Correct, they should be on the WebGL 2 IDL.

DRAW_BINDING is not in any specification I could find (it's not in ES 2.0, ES 3.0, ES 3.1, GL 2.0, GL 3.0 or GL 4.0). What's that parameter?

I could not find it anywhere either but it definitely shows up here: https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/2.0/#3.7.1
which is confusing, so maybe it shouldn't be on the getParameter table either.
That's weird, maybe a typo or something?