Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL2: Missing parameter names for getParameter?

On Wed, Jan 28, 2015 at 10:21 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know why ready formats where skipped, but the WebGL specification states that the only valid types for gl.readPixels is RGBA and UNSIGNED_BYTE. And so haveing IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_FORMAT and IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_TYPE would not give you information you could use.

Seeing as the WebGL2 spec does not outline any differences with what readPixels accepts I'm assuming it has remained the same and there is still no need for IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_FORMAT and IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_TYPE in WebGL 2 (and so should be removed from the getParameter table)

PACK_IMAGE_HEIGHT and PACK_SKIP_IMAGES are not part of OpenGL ES 2.0 (they're in ES 3.0) and since WebGL is an implementation of ES 2.0, they're not there (and they will not work in WebGL).

I'm working on WebGL 2 however, not 1, and WebGL 2 does use ES 3.0 so these should indeed exist on the WebGL2RenderingContext IDL.

DRAW_BINDING is not in any specification I could find (it's not in ES 2.0, ES 3.0, ES 3.1, GL 2.0, GL 3.0 or GL 4.0). What's that parameter?

I could not find it anywhere either but it definitely shows up here: https://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/2.0/#3.7.1
which is confusing, so maybe it shouldn't be on the getParameter table either.

To summarize, from your response I'm getting that  IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_FORMAT, IMPLEMENTATION_COLOR_READ_TYPE, and DRAW_BINDING are not valid parameters to getParameter and should be removed from the WebGL2 spec, but PACK_IMAGE_HEIGHT and PACK_SKIP_IMAGES should indeed be in there and that their values should be defined in the WebGL2RenderingContext IDL.

Does that sound right or am I jumping the gun?
Thanks!
Roger