[Public WebGL] String/ArrayBuffer encoding/decoding API (follow-up)

In the very distant past [1] there was discussion about APIs for encoding/decoding string data from ArrayBuffers/DataViews. This resulted in an API being defined as part of the Encoding Living Standard [2].

Chrome, Firefox and Opera have been shipping this API for about a year now. A polyfill is also available [3].

The important stuff is inter-operable. A few new attributes/flags have been specified but not yet implemented in all browsers. Browsers have also not all converged with the spec for handling every code point of all legacy encodings identically, but we're working on it.

There are links at the top of the spec for feedback, but since discussion started here I wanted to close the loop.