Re: [Public WebGL] Re: Device/Extension statistics

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 2:10 AM, Kenneth Russell <kbr@google.com> wrote:
The priority for the Chrome team, at least, will remain getting a
WebGL 2.0 prototype out the door. Major gaps in WebGL 1.0's
functionality that would be addressed by exposing extensions will
certainly be considered.
That's understood. I'm thinking a bit ahead of the (in my opinion lengthy) transition period in which WebGL 2.0 will be out, but WebGL 1.0 will still have to be supported by app developers (because it enjoys a much wider activation share), and plugging major gaps with extensions can ease that pain.