Re: [Public WebGL] WEBGL_subscribe_uniform extension

I would welcome the functionality of this proposal. I'm not in favor of formulating it as an extension (for reasons listed) and I'm objecting to the semantic. I believe that the functionality can be provided without an extension (but a separate specification) and be done with better semantics.

These points would be important to address:
  1. Are we going to fail reaching consensus on the requirement to have this extension?
  2. Can we reach consensus to provide it without an extension?
I would propose that in case of #2 we can reject this extension. In case #1 persists or no further input is provided until February 24th 2015, that this extension be rejected, a suitable pull request has been prepared: https://github.com/KhronosGroup/WebGL/pull/828