From: owners-public_webgl@khronos.org <owners-public_webgl@khronos.org> on behalf of Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:42 AM
To: public webgl
Subject: [Public WebGL] extensions status

I've gone over the implementation status of extensions and would like to comment on some cases.

EXT_color_buffer_half_float and WEBGL_color_buffer_float which are in community approved status have dropped off the map (implementations have vanished). This is sort of a problem and I'd like to know if:
  • Is there any intent to implement those?
  • If not, should (can) it be dropped from the registry?
EXT_color_buffer_float (draft) hasn't been implemented.
  • Is there intent to implement it?
  • If not, should we drop it from the registry?
WEBGL_compressed_texture_es3 (proposal)
  • Is this specification finalized?
  • If so, is there intent to implement it?
  • If so, should it be moved to draft?
WEBGL_dynamic_texture (proposal)
  • Is this specification finalized?
  • If so, is there intent to implement it?
  • If so, should it be moved to draft?
WEBGL_draw_elements_no_range_check (proposal)
  • Is this specification finalized?
  • If so, is there intent to implement it?
  • If so, should it be moved to draft?
EXT_disjoint_timer_query (draft)
  • Is there intent to implement it?
  • If not, should it be dropped from the registry?
WEBGL_shared_resources (draft)
  • Is there intent to implement it?
  • If not, should it be dropped from the registry?
WEBGL_security_sensitive_resources (draft)