Re: [Public WebGL] getShaderInfoLog/getProgramInfoLog format specification

To make it clear how silly this debate is. Substitue GLSL for say, gcc, llvm, python, lua, Java, gdb or any other even moderatly popular system of programming/compiling/debugging things. All of the former (and most of the ones implied) have a structured way to communicate errors so they're fit for machine consumption.

The only place I've seen the untenable position of not having a structured way to do it being discussed in earnest, is here and in ES-discuss (on JS stack traces). I cannot believe it honestly. You understand how this is a mystery to me right?