Re: [Public WebGL] getShaderInfoLog/getProgramInfoLog format specification

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 11:40 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 8, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Gregg Tavares <khronos@greggman.com> wrote:
I think as a library it's a great idea but I don't see how putting this in the browser or the official spec would be anything but a giant time sink. Time that would be better spent implementing a library or shipping the next couple versions of WebGL

Oh yeah, I'm sure that ensuring that WebGL is easily and out of the box debuggable is one of those huge timewasters, why bother eye mate?

Nice snarky comment. I thought you were smarter than that.

So some how this magically gets implemented in zero time by 5+ browser teams and that all the debate over what goes in it and what doesn't is handled in magic free time people get back from the time fairy?

Or you know, all that wasted time could be spent actually implementing this is JS and like magic, so much less time wasted. Oh and WebGL gets more debuggable. Hey what?  Oh, right, you wanted WebGL debuggable. Guess I better switch to that other plan where it takes 30x more man hours, doesn't ship for 12-18 months, can't be updated without a lengthy process and more wasted time. That will make WebGL more debuggable. Uh-huh, yep.