Re: [Public WebGL] getShaderInfoLog/getProgramInfoLog format specification

I am not convinced translation is necessary, or that without translation, the logs are useless. (The reason it has a de facto standard is that everyone but IE use ANGLE)

Further, it's not guaranteed that all errors are caught by ANGLE. Even if we assume ANGLE is perfect, sometimes there are GL implementations that are too strict. These would generate non-standard error logs. We don't want to get involved with translating error logs.

Since it seems the main benefit for devs is having the error line displayed, I recommend requesting this functionality from browser vendors. I think trying to codify a log format just so devs can write parsing translators is the wrong way to go about this.