Re: [Public WebGL] getShaderInfoLog/getProgramInfoLog format specification

On Jan 6, 2015, at 10:25 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 2:22 PM, Mark Callow <khronos@callow.im> wrote:
My point is that due to lack of specification of the message format in OpenGL the browser vendors will have to examine each implementation and write matching parsing code.
My point is it's preferrable that browser vendors do this, because they can do it once and they have all possible information to perform the task, whereas users would have to do it each their own, and they're not in posession of all necessary information to do it.

I understand that. If you recall, I wrote “this is a great idea”.

This whole exchange has been rather pointless.

Regards

    -Mark