Re: [Public WebGL] getShaderInfoLog/getProgramInfoLog format specification

On Jan 6, 2015, at 10:17 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 1:59 PM, Mark Callow <khronos@callow.im> wrote:
This is a great idea but I suspect it will be a nightmare to implement due to lack of similar functionality in OpenGL{, ES}.
WebGL can introduce additional functionality in its specification as it partains to its specific needs.

Doh!

It's preferrable browser vendors, who have full access to all machine/GPU parameters and underlying transpiled code implement consistent handling of error info logs, than that WebGL users, who only have an incomplete picture of the machine and GPU parameters and do not have access to the transpiled code do it each on their own.

My point is that due to lack of specification of the message format in OpenGL the browser vendors will have to examine each implementation and write matching parsing code.

Regards

    -Mark