Re: [Public WebGL] Re: texture_float should imply color_buffer_float

readPixels(FLOAT) for a half-float texture would be problematic as the browser would need to convert the bytes he gets back from the GPU to floats one by one up front. Not sure though, do GPUs handle this conversion case? If not, an efficient conversion path could still be provided where the browser performs the conversion on-gpu via RTT half-float -> float.

I'd also like to mention it'd be useful to do readPixels(HALF_FLOAT) and to have a Float16Array data type.