Re: [Public WebGL] IE11 vs Chrome

Chrome has known jank issues with vsync, see: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=422000

On 18 November 2014 09:54, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 10:38 AM, John Davis <jdavis@pcprogramming.com> wrote:
Will Chrome/Angle be using DX11 anytime soon?
As Brandon has said, it depends on your system if Angle is using DX11 or DX9.

Not sure about everyone else, but on my end this demo is smooth as glass on IE11, but stutters/jerks on Chrome.
That's probably not got anything to do with the backend choice. It runs smooth here in Chrome/Linux.

Any idea what the difference is?  Or how I can make it run better on Chrome?
Stuttering/Jerking/etc. is most often caused by engaging the JS garbage collector a lot. Each time it kicks in, it stops the world for anything between 80-150ms and nothing gets drawn during that time.

It is possible that there's a particular bug with Chrome (due to vsync and whatnot) that you might be affected by (Brandon and I talked about this getting somewhat worse). You should compare your demo on different browsers (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera) and on different OSes (OSX, Windows, Android, iOS). This helps you spot if you did something wrong (it's bad everywhere), or something suboptimal you did (it's good on exactly one browser, but not on any other), or if it's a browser bug (it's bad on only one browser).