Re: [Public WebGL] WEBGL_debug_shader_precision extension proposal

Sorry for the off thread from before.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Olli Etuaho <oetuaho@nvidia.com> wrote:
I also can't stress enough how widespread precision-related shader bugs are. I've seen them frequently in content developed by professional and hobbyist developers alike, every once in a while even in content that was specifically written with mobile devices in mind. If you're still not convinced, I'll have to look at other alternatives besides the extension, but something needs to be done, and I think tooling like this is a big part of the answer.

I agree that it's useful to have. Toggling the behavior wholesale could also be integrated in the mobile emulation modes that're cropping up as in Firefox developer.