Re: [Public WebGL] IE11 performance, nice

I am also seeing very good WebGL performance in IE11, which beats all competing browsers by a large margin in some apps we've been building. In Emscripten applications that are very CPU heavy, IE11 loses out because the JS engine can't keep up, and applications that are very GPU heavy, the performance is more or less identical across browsers, because GPU execution units are the same in hardware. The winning cases for IE11 seem to be in the middle, where both CPU and GPU workloads are closely balanced, which I attribute to two things:
   1) IE11 has less CPU overhead in WebGL API calls compared to ANGLE-based Firefox and Chrome, and
   2) IE11 has better frame/vsync scheduling and composition management. I suspect that both Firefox and Chrome suffer from per-frame sync points which cause pipeline bubbles in scheduling.

If IE11 manages to step up their game in JS engine performance, they will have a killer web gaming browser in their hands!

   Jukks