Re: [Public WebGL] retrograde webgl support levels

On Oct 28, 2014, at 3:03 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

> These developments, particularly the first three are problematic because these parameter lowest levels have been held for nearly 3 years, and as a consequence a lot of WebGL applications out in the wild probably accommodate those practical minimal limits. The introduction of a new lower limits has the potential to break those applications.

Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with this? I believe the WebGL implementations reflect the limits of the underlying implementation. The lower limits you describe are within the OpenGL ES 2 specification and have probably been that way on these iOS devices all along. Many of them are almost certainly fundamental limitations of the hardware.The bright spot is that with the iPhone 6 reportedly selling so well, maybe those older devices won’t be around for much longer.

Regards

    -Mark