From: "John Davis" <jdavis@pcprogramming.com>
To: "Gregg Tavares" <khronos@greggman.com>
Cc: "Aleksandar Rodic" <aleksandar.xyz@gmail.com>, "Zhenyao Mo" <zmo@chromium.org>, "public webgl" <public_webgl@khronos.org>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2014 2:50:28 PM
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL working group - leadership

Is limiting ourselves to the lowest common denominator the best strategy?
If WinXP is our gold standard, then we'll never have compute shaders.

The goal of reaching the most people is already in place, webgl 1.0 and
ANGLE.  Why not start shooting for where the target will be?  If people see
compelling content on their friend's webgl 2.1/ES 3.1 device, they will be
inclined to upgrade sooner rather than later.  As opposed to us waiting on
them to upgrade on their own.

At this point, I still think it would be a better allocation of resources
to focus on webgl 2.1/es 3.1 for Android and IOS, and then let MANGLE catch
up.  The latest iphones and tablets, which are selling like hotcakes, have
ES 3.1 hardware, right?  Why is this years away?