Fwd: [Public WebGL] WebGL working group - leadership

+webgl

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Davis <jdavis@pcprogramming.com>
Date: Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL working group - leadership
To: Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com>

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself.  MANGLE is a monstrous undertaking.  However, it should not be allowed to slow down webgl for ES 3.1.  For ES 3.1, webgl on IOS and Android, the implementation should be straightforward.  The priority should be on these devices, the desktop can then catch up later.

To me, WebGL is highly disruptive, and has the potential to take humankind to a whole new level.  Allowing information to be created/assimilated in 3D as opposed to 2D, the implications for learning are MASSIVE.  Throw in Occulus and things get really interesting.

By being too 'pragmatic' we are holding back the realization of an amazing future.