Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL working group - leadership

I'm mostly a quiet lurker here, but I'll have to agree with Florian
and Mark. WebGL can and should only progress as fast as GLES, but has
to cover a much broader 'ecosystem' then any single OpenGL
implementation (all platforms, all GPUs (desktop and mobile), all
operating systems, all browsers, combined!), and WebGL programs are
expected to 'just run'. It must be like herding cats, and it would
have been much more likely that WebGL would have become a failed
platform. The WebGL process is the most transparent of all 3D APIs,
everything is open, and in 20 years in the games industry I have never
seen faster response and fix times when reporting (Chrome or Firefox)
WebGL bugs. Ok, that praise goes mostly to the browser teams, but
WebGL is a child of that open development philosophy, and this is a
very good thing (and it creates pressure on the IE and Safari teams to
be more open and 'agile' as well).

I'm much more interested in stability and painless multi-platform
support with a solid base feature-set which also runs on older
devices(!) then having dozens of extensions, where none of them works
on more then 20% of all devices.

Thumbs up, Ken :)
-Floh.