Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL working group - leadership

On Oct 19, 2014, at 7:47 PM, John Davis <jdavis@pcprogramming.com> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Nothing personal.  As chairman of the webgl working group, for over three years, what has been achieved thus far?
>
> My perception is the standard progressed much faster under Vlad.  If he's willing, why don't we put Vlad back in the driver's seat?
>
> JD

When you start from nothing, progress is much easier to see. There is a saying along the lines that the last 10% of a project takes 50% of the time. Well we’ve been in that last 10%, getting robust implementations that pass conformance on all popular OSes. Getting
such uniformity of behaviour across implementations and devices is a huge achievement.

For some time now work has been underway to turn ANGLE into an OpenGL ES 3.0 implementation, a fairly substantial project. That work is nearing completion so we should start seeing WebGL 2.0 implementations appearing soon.

Regards

    -Mark