Re: [Public WebGL] 3D textures

3D texture support in particular is difficult to add as an extension to WebGL 1.0 both on Windows and on iOS. For Chrome and Firefox on Windows, ANGLE would have to implement the OES_texture_3D extension, which is a distraction at this point. On iOS, the ES 2.0 context doesn't support OES_texture_3D. The only way to provide it as a WebGL 1.0 extension would be to use an ES 3.0 context for WebGL 1.0 behind the scenes, and this would have surprising side-effects such as breaking WEBGL_draw_buffers.

WebGL 2 implementations are underway, as is development of the conformance suite. Please bear with browser implementers as we focus on this. Please see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Platform/GFX/WebGL2 and try that prototype.

-Ken