Re: [Public WebGL] Removal of glTexImage3D entry point?

I agree (disclaimer, my main use of WebGL is through emscripten).
WebGL should continue to map to a respective OpenGLES version as
closely as possible, unless a feature doesn't make technical sense in
a browser environment (like mapping buffers). If providing a 'cleaned
up' API is one of WebGL's goals, then at least an 'mandatory
extension' should exist which implements the missing functions. But as
long as it only about removing one or two functions for aesthetical
reasons my vote would be to keep the function(s) in the core API.

The subtle differences between OpenGLES and OpenGL are confusing
enough already (and with modern mobile GPUs mostly obsolete I think).

Cheers,
-Floh.