Re: [Public WebGL] IE11

Hi Frank,

I posted one such bug item about IE11 performance to connect.microsoft.com, but it was closed without action and later deleted. It was numbered 810215 and the title was "IE11 performance is worse than FF, Chrome or Opera in Emscripten WebGL benchmark.". At the time when I did the benchmarks, the results looked like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40949268/emcc/10kCubes_benchmark/10kCubes_results_20130312.html . Perhaps things have changed since then. You can run the benchmark in one of the links on the page. Also, here is more recent interactive version of the same application: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40949268/emcc/10kCubes_vsync/10kCubes.html (It starts out with setTimeout(0)-based rendering, tap B once to get requestAnimationFrame-based rendering).

For your convenience, here is a zipped build of the interactive version: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40949268/emcc/10kCubes_vsync/10kCubes_vsync.zip .

Best,
   Jukka

Wrt: “_javascript_ is still slower in IE11” – We’re very interested in scenarios where we can improve _javascript_ performance; if you can point us to scenarios, we’d appreciate it.