RE: [Public WebGL] IE11

Hi John

Wrt: “_javascript_ is still slower in IE11” – We’re very interested in scenarios where we can improve _javascript_ performance; if you can point us to scenarios, we’d appreciate it.

Wrt resources:

IE Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/; we’ll be posting more about WebGL soon.

MSDN reference: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/bg182648(v=vs.85).aspx; we update this continuously.

Our recent updates:

IE11 v0.93 WebGL renderer

aka ‘Spring 2014 Update’

Compressed textures

Stencil buffers

Standard derivatives extension

Anti-aliasing

More GLSL conformance (structs, inout, constructors)

GLSL Point-size support (DX10+ only)

GLSL Frontfacing support

Support for alpha WebGLContextAttribute

Non-float vertices

Support for LUMINANCE, LUMINANCE_ALPHA, ALPHA textures

vertexAttrib{1,2,3,4}f[v] methods

IE11 v0.94 WebGL renderer

aka ‘Summer 2014 Update’

Instancing extension

failIfMajorPerformanceCaveat context attribute

Triangle fans and line loops (emulated)

16-bit textures support (emulated)

UNSIGNED_BYTE element arrays (emulated)

We’re at ~97% compliance with Khronos test suites now, and we are working on the remaining gaps.

Thanks

Frank Olivier

Internet Explorer WebGL team