Re: [Public WebGL] color buffer (half) float

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 2:19 PM, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:09 PM, Jeff Gilbert <jgilbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
>>
>> As always, fixing the extensions to be implementable should be on the
>> table as well, particularly for WEBGL_ extensions.
>
> What's the issue with implementing these extensions? I mean other than that
> WEBGL_color_buffer_float doesn't work on any ES 2.0 mobile device (which is
> fine, because there's also EXT_color_buffer_half_float which can stand in
> for it sometimes).

https://codereview.appspot.com/11238044/ and
https://codereview.chromium.org/18246005/ show the background of
implementation in ANGLE and Chrome. It's simply a matter of
priorities. It's going to take a nonzero amount of time to get these
extensions working against WebGL 1.0 and I think that effort would be
better spent on WebGL 2.0 specification and implementation.