Re: [Public WebGL] Compute shaders

One significant obstacle I see with supporting Compute in WebGL for Chrome on Windows is that doing the translation from GL ES Compute to DirectCompute is likely to be a large undertaking. As a result, it's currently unclear whether the D3D backend of ANGLE will get compute shaders. There are some large architectural changes taking place in both ANGLE and Chrome that should allow Chrome, via ANGLE, to directly target native GL ES drivers when available. If quality ES drivers become commonplace on Windows, that may be a viable way forward.

Vangelis