Re: [Public WebGL] color_buffer_float

On 2014/04/08 17:37, Florian Bösch wrote:
On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 4:25 AM, Mark Callow <callow.mark@artspark.co.jp> wrote:
What is wrong is that WebGL2 implementations should not be exposing WebGL_color_buffer_float as that is for OpenGL ES 2 and leaves a lot of OES 3 and desktop features on the table and leaves open the question of exactly what is the format of "FLOAT".

So the 6 extensions that cover floats (half/single | color buffer | linear) are now obsolete?
Yes.

I see one problem with disabling these 6 extensions (or any of them). If somebody does a canvas.getContext('webgl') and they get a WebGL 2.0 context, and they used any of the extensions (properly) they will now indicate that this WebGL implementation can't run the code because of no float support whatsoever.
I think we already decided that applications will have to explicitly request a WebGL 2 context by using a different context name.

I can't currently consult the extension specification for EXT_color_buffer_float because khronos website is down. Does EXT_color_buffer_float cover texturing support, linear filtering support, renderability in a framebuffer support for both 16-bit and 32-bit?
It covers all of those except texturing which is standard in OpenGL ES 3.0 so is in the core specification.

Regards

    -Mark