Re: [Public WebGL] ES 3.1 meaning for WebGL

I don't foresee 3.1 affecting WebGL 2 very much. The big open question is how quickly and comprehensively will existing 3.0 devices get the appropriate driver updates for 3.1 (shouldn't require new hardware). If mobile device trends hold I'm worried we'll see a lot of 3.0 capable devices that never get updated. We don't want to exclude those devices from using WebGL 2.

We can certainly look into streamlining some of the features as extensions though. And if 3.1 gets widespread adoption quickly it may be worth looking into a WebGL 2.1. Let's get some working 2.0 implementations out first, though :)