Re: [Public WebGL] Proposal to ratify currently community approved extensions

In contrast, we just sorted out one of our last instancing bugs. We originally thought it was a driver problem, but it turned out to simply be bad state management on our part. I'm in favor of ratifying, but I'm happy to give Mozilla the time they need to feel comfortable with it.

--Brandon

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Jeff Gilbert <jgilbert@mozilla.com> wrote:

Something's been up with ANGLE_instanced_arrays on Firefox+ANGLE, and I'd like to get that sorted out before we ratify.
We should be ready next week.

-Jeff

----- Original Message -----
From: "Florian Bösch" <pyalot@gmail.com>
To: "public webgl" <public_webgl@khronos.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:48:32 AM
Subject: [Public WebGL] Proposal to ratify currently community approved extensions

I propose that the board ratify the community approved extensions:

   - WEBGL_draw_buffers
   - ANGLE_instanced_arrays
   - OES_texture_float_linear
   - OES_texture_half_float_linear

For these reasons:

   - The extensions have not been modified since August 2013
   - Implementations of the extensions are available
   - As per http://webglstats.com/ support status stands at:
   WEBGL_draw_buffers 7.2%, ANGLE_instanced_arrays 58%,
   OES_texture_float_linear 72%, OES_texture_half_float_linear, 70%.

Please use this pull request (https://github.com/KhronosGroup/WebGL/pull/472)
to merge the changes once ratification is achieved, poll me to update the
pull request (with actual dates if required), or throw it away if
ratification at this stage is not feasible.