Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL 0.92

On 30 Jan 2014, at 0:15, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 1:26 AM, Dean Jackson <dino@apple.com> wrote:
No. Or maybe I misunderstand. Are you asking should we publish a WebGL 0.92?

I meant that if there's a version advertised, it implies there's a specification. So that developers can look up what things will work, when they see that version. Since there's no published specification for 0.92, developers don't know what'll work on 0.92.

Right, it does imply that. But the vendor picked an imaginary version in this case, so I don't think we can do anything about it. The best way forward is to specify what an implementation should do when they implement a real spec.

We also have to be careful that this information doesn't become a UA-like string. i.e used for feature detection. That's why I think it should be specified - so that we all implement it the same way.

Dean