Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL 0.92

On 29 Jan 2014, at 12:54 am, Florian Bösch <pyalot@gmail.com> wrote:

These are the published WebGL versions:
  • ES 2.0 trough 2.0.25
  • ESSL 1.0 trough 1.0.17
This are the strings popularly reported by most WebGL capable browsers:
  • VERSION: WebGL 1.0
  • SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: WebGL GLSL ES 1.0
These are the strings reported by IE11:
  • VERSION: WebGL 0.92
  • SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION: WebGL GLSL ES 0.92
  • Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/7.0; rv:11.0) like Gecko

As far as I know the strings returned by these queries isn't defined in the specification. I have a couple questions about that:
  • Should it be defined?

I think they should be defined.

  • If defined, should the version refer to a published webgl/shading language version?
I think so. I like the examples you gave above.

  • If a version is referenced for which there's no published specification, should a specification be published?
No. Or maybe I misunderstand. Are you asking should we publish a WebGL 0.92?

Dean