Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL 0.92

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 5:19 PM, Brandon Jones <bajones@google.com> wrote:
I do appreciate that they return a string that differentiates them from the fully compliant implementations in other browsers, and I don't think that attempting to limit that would be of much benefit.
No disagreement there.

As far as I know the "0.92" was semi-randomly chosen Microsoft's developers as a slightly tongue-in-cheek way of acknowledging that their WebGL implementation isn't complete.
I think I find it objectionable to use a version number (that doesn't exist, and will not exist), to signal general implementation incompleteness.

Maybe something like "WebGL 1.0 Beta"?