[Public WebGL] frame timing

A while back there was a discussion on introducing timer queries. Far as I recall, this discussion stalled on these points:
Considering timer queries dead and burried, it would still be nice to have a way to measure per frame time that doesn't require gl.finish() (or mocking gl.finish with readPixels), that isn't hampered by tiled-rendering and that can capture performance regardless/beyond the 60fps cap (and without having to disable vsync browserwide).

I'd like to explore if there's a viable path to that goal: