Re: [Public WebGL] GL_RENDERER string needed for performant apps

On 1/15/14 4:02 AM, Dean Jackson wrote:

> “ooh, a fairly wealthy individual, maybe she’s interested in holidays
> to Maldives”

Or "maybe we should show them a higher price for this item". A number of retailers are already experimenting with this sort of differential pricing based on whatever information they can get on the user....

At the moment I see some hesitation from Mozilla, but maybe due to fears of
UA sniffing rather than privacy?

What you've seen so far is me (not Mozilla officially) not being entirely unconvinced that the UA sniffing issue is as irrelevant as people seem to think it is.

The privacy situation is separate from those concerns, and as you said decided on a much higher level. I can't speak to what our position on that is in this instance yet, though historically we've been very leery of exposing this sort of information.

-Boris