Re: [Public WebGL] GL_RENDERER string needed for performant apps

> On 15 Jan 2014, at 21:22, Ben Adams <thundercat@illyriad.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I don't think at this time you will have many developers worrying about the corner case of their WebGL implementation not working on a $5k Mac Pro in Safari for various reasons.

I think you missed the point. I didn't say that WebGL wouldn't work on such a machine. I was saying that some users might not want the entire web to know that they just spent $5000+ in the last month (the card I gave is unique to a custom order of that device, which has only been on sale since Dec -- this is an actual example of the information that is available/leaked via the extension). This would include any content loaded on a page, including third-party ads and social network trackers (like/+1/tweet etc buttons) from other domains. Personally, I wouldn't want that.

Dean