Re: [Public WebGL] GL_RENDERER string needed for performant apps

On 1/14/14 4:30 PM, Florian Bösch wrote:
GPU vendor and model will allow you to correlate bad performance
behavior to a particular GPU segment, make tweaks to improve things for
that segment.

Sure. I understand the use cases for this.

I'm just saying concerns about a workflow like above but that makes tweaks that totally break things for that segment, and then the page author never notices are real concerns. It happens all the time with the UA string. The problem is less severe if this is basically used as a blacklist; if we have indications that this is more likely than it is with the UA string (which is often treated as a whitelist) I'd love to know what those are.

-Boris