Re: [Public WebGL] GL_RENDERER string needed for performant apps

GPU vendor and model will allow you to correlate bad performance behavior to a particular GPU segment, make tweaks to improve things for that segment, and see if your tweak achieves the desired result. You can't feature detect "performs badly", you'll need to measure it, and then need to measure if tweaks change it. Those measurements need to avoid the "works for me on my developer machine" effect. They need to be statistically sound and relevant to your userbase.