Re: [Public WebGL] GL_RENDERER string needed for performant apps

Dean,

Did you read the document linked in Jennifer's original post? It contains some examples of the numbers you are talking about. Specifically:

  • ~15% of WebGL sessions have a low performing GPU

    • Low performing GPU categorized where the 70th percentile was < 30 FPS, meaning at least 70% of sessions on that GPU had a framerate below 30 FPS

  • 80% of sessions with a poorly performing GPU are represented by relatively common GPUs

  • Sessions under 10 FPS are reduced by 55% by blacklisting

  • Sessions under 20 FPS reduced by 33% by blacklisting

We made a conscious decision not to share data about specific low-performing GPUs, but perhaps we can make some of that information available through private channels if you believe that it will help better make the case within Apple?

--Brandon